The flyer for the dance has been published and is attached to the event listing here!
Dance Under the Flower Moon' in Georgetown and join us as we celebrate our 69th Annual Austin SRDA Mid-Tex Festival. The Friday dance starts at 7pm for 30 minutes of pre-rounds followed by square and round dancing from 7:30pm to 10pm with Wayne Westin caller and Jerry & Lucy Pate cuers. On Saturday, May 13th Dan Nordbye is the caller and Bob & Kaye Kurczewski are cueing rounds. Saturday begins with a 10am to noon 'A' workshop. There is a round dance workshop from 1pm to 2:30pm followed by a square dance workshop from 3pm to 4:30pm.
On May 1st and 2nd ASRDA held their 67th Annual Mid-Tex Festival. It was held by the San Marcos river. There was round and square dancing Friday night with callers Wayne Weston, Billy Grimsley, Brad Caldwell, & Chet Miles, and cuer Martha Koslosky.
Saturday caller Mike Bramlett started off the morning with an A dance workshop. Then early afternoon cuers Bob & Kay Kurczewski held a round dance workshop followed by Mike holding a square dance workshop. Then more dancing Saturday evening. Everyone had a fantastic time.
As a reminder, all clubs are asked to support MidTex in three specific ways:
1) Encourage all your members to pre-register and attend.
2) Help with refreshments by bringing cookies and a bag of salty snacks on Friday evening
3) Bring $100 to $150 in gift cards ($25 increments are fine) on Friday evening. We will bundle the gift cards into bundles of $250 to $300 to be door prizes. We will do this instead of having split the pots each night.
This is a reminder that each year the members clubs of ASRDA are asked to help with the success of the MidTex festival. This assistance comes in three forms:
1) Encourage all your members to register and attend the MidTex festival.
2) Provide assistance with refreshments. This year each club is asked to bring 2 – 3 dozen cookies and one large bag of a salty snack such as chips.
3) Provide gift cards or a gift basket. The gift cards are combined with other gift cards into 2-3 bundles and are raffled off; and the gift baskets are sold by silent auction.